Tuesday 29 October 2013

Midterm Project (Computer Graphic) - Magazine

For our midterms, we have to either make a poster/ stamp/ or magazine cover of a person in the advertising/ street art/ web designing field. I chose to make a magazine cover of an advertiser. What we had to do first was come up with three people in that field. I chose John Mescall, Jill Applebaum and Millaty Ismail. We then made 300 essay on what they have done in that industry.

Once we finished choosing the three people, we had to find six pictures of each person (which wasn't easy... because apparently people in the advertising industry don't like taking pictures of themselves perhaps?). After some research, I made the best part of the project... The mood board! This is what I came up with:

"Highlight It"
What I'm planning to do is make the images in black and white and add some yellow shapes of some sort for a little accent of color. The titles and decoration is going to be done by hand and scanned. Meanwhile I'm planning to make the body font with Times New Roman.

"Spring Meets Summer"
This mood board is kind of feminine. Mainly because it's playing with bright, cheerful colors. As you can see, this board is slightly neater than the previous one. I'm planning to play with the vibrant patterns for the background and make the magazine cover pop as much as possible.

"Nature is Calling"
This mood board is slightly similar to the first mood board, but in this case I added more variety of color and that it's also a litter neater than the previous one, but is still messier that the second. I plan on making the photo on the cover geometric like the picture I've placed on the right side to give a little accent.

I apologize for the cheesy mood board names.

No comments:

Post a Comment