Friday 18 October 2013

Small Project 02 - Tracing & Pattern

We had week three of our computer graphic class and we learned some tracing on Illustrator and we got a chance to learn some photoshop as well!

During class, we were told to put three objects on the table. We took a photo of the objects and had to trace out the picture of the objects on Illustrator. This was my picture:
If only I knew what was coming... I could've chose something easier to trace!

Because the image was in low quality, I retook the picture in order to be able to trace neatly. I'll have to get rid of the background of the image on Photoshop as well later on.
 My objects: a perfume bottle, a notebook and a scissor.

For this project, we had to trace out three objects on Illustrator as detailed as possible. We had two artboards. The first artboard is going to be a diagram of the objects in *warm and cool colors. And the second board is going to be a diagram of the objects in black and white. So the first thing I traced out was the sticker of the truck on the notebook. The reason for that is because its 2D (and seemed easier, which wasn't exactly true...).

*Warm colors are colors that give a feeling of warmth, anger, cheerfulness or love such as red, orange, and yellow. Cold colors give a cool, sad and fresh feeling such as are blue, green, and purple.

Traced out the sticker that's in .jpg format on Illustrator with a pink colored pen tool (in support of breast cancer month!)

 Hooray! It looks slightly similar... right?


Afterwards I just kept tracing the other objects with a pen tool and added color fill to the objects. Once I got to the bottle of perfume, I added the text with the text tool. I added text wrap to make the text more 3D. I used the arc lower option for the whole text because it gives a curved-like effect.
The text being circled is the text without the text wrap (yet) and the text below is the text with a text wrap.

Warm and cool color diagram without background.

Warm and cool color diagram with background!

Once I finished with the colored diagram, I moved on to the black and white diagram we had to make in the second art board. What I did first was screenshot the colored diagram. After that, I opened the screenshot on Photoshop and made the image to a black and white image.
I made the image in black and white by pressing image > adjustments > black & white

On Photoshop: With an eyedropper tool, I selected the color of the object. For example, I select the notebook with the eyedropper tool. I then press the fill button on the left and the Color Picker window appears.
At the bottom of the window there is the color code which I then copy.

On Illustrator: I double click the fill button on the toolbox and the Color picker window appears. I then erase the code and paste in the code I got from Photoshop.
By doing this, I can get an accurate color if the image is in black and white.

After repeating the same procedure over and over again, it's finally finished!
Black and white diagram without background.

Black and white diagram with background!

For the background, I used the pattern I made during class last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment