Tuesday 1 October 2013

Small Project 01 - Basic Shapes (Continued)

It's week two of university and we received another assignment. Related with the previous task, we now have to make our drawings on an A3 sized sheet in Adobe Illustrator.

What I came up with so far...

Working on Illustrator is so much fun because we get to experiment with lines and shapes. We got a chance to learn more about that during the second computer graphic class.

basic shapes and lines 

 corners and curves we had to learn to make using pen tool


So yeah... after a few hours filled with mac n' cheese, donuts, noodles and 8% battery left, I am almost done! I can't make a dog using basic shapes by the way... I'm leaving that for later.

The diagrams are being separated with the ruler tool (command + r) and drag the ruler


It is currently a few days later and I am now updating my blog. I think I'm finished with my task! I also think that I should add something color and a title perhaps...?

  • For my task, I mainly played with the basic shapes already available in Illustrator which are the rectangle, rounded rectangle, ellipse, star, (polygon and flare... which I didn't use) tools. However, even if the shapes are the same, the size and stroke of the shapes vary. 
  • Lines were also being used in the diagram. For example, I used lines for the body of the stick man, the water drops, the curves on the journal, the laptop keypad and the lines for the ball in the air.
  • The main stroke weight used for this diagram is 2.5 (although there are some lines or shapes which are 2, 1, or 0.5 (being the smallest)). As for the cap and corner, I chose the rounded one to make it less stiff because the diagram is very straight and simple.
  • There was also tracing being used in this diagram. For the YouTube logo, I opened an image of the logo and placed it onto the art board of this task. With a pen tool, I traced out the edges of the logo.
I used a pink stroke at first to make me see the logo clearly
  • For the writing, I used Futura medium size 18.
So I put a border, a title and added some color to the diagram. I have a feeling I made it worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment